Winners announced at the Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards.
20 June 2014
Nationwide for Intermediaries and Mortgage Advice Bureau came top at the Legal & General’s Mortgage Club Awards, picking up no less than three awards each in the Lender and Adviser Awards categories which were announced today,14 June 2013. The awards lunch was held at The Guildhall, located in the heart of the city with guest speaker Alastair Campbell and comedian Stephen K Amos.
The Legal & General Mortgage Club Awards recognise lender activity over the last 12 months and were voted for by member mortgage brokers in March this year, of which there are over 10,00Mortgage Club lenders were rated against a series of criteria including products, service, sales and marketing.
The winning lenders were:
- Best Lender for Product Innovation – Woolwich
- Best Lender for Mainstream Products – Purchase – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Mainstream Products – Re-mortgage – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Large Loans – Halifax
- Best Lender for Buy to Let Products – BM Solutions
- Best Lender for their contribution to First Time Buyers – Nationwide for Intermediaries
- Best Lender for Service – Halifax
- Best Lender for Quality – Abbey for Intermediaries
- Best Small Building Society/Regional Lender – Principality Building Society
Dale Farmiloe Halifax for Intermediaries was named Business Development Manager of the Year.
The winners of the adviser awards who are members of the Legal & General Mortgage Club were:
- Top Protection Producer – Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Top GI Producer – Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Top AR for growth in Mortgage Business –Mortgages First
- Top DA for growth in Mortgage Business – London & Country Mortgages
- Fastest growing Mortgage DA Business – London and Country Mortgages
- Top broker for Business Quality – Finance Planning Group
- Top overall Mortgage Business – Mortgage Advice Bureau
- Network Business Champion – Andrews
Ben Thompson, Managing Director, Legal & General Mortgage Club said, “ It is now thirteen years since we launched the Mortgage Club Awards and I am very proud of what they represent and what we, supported by our loyal members, have achieved. It is great to see increasing signs of confidence and growth returning to the mortgage market and now more than ever we need to promote and celebrate what lenders and intermediaries have to offer. Our members have told us they value and appreciate what the Club provides through exclusive and innovative products and wide range of services.Congratulations to all our winners and particularly Nationwide for Intermediaries and Mortgage Advice Bureau for their success!”.
All the results are processed by an independent market research company, which means that they truly represent the views of brokers in the UK mortgage market today.
Notes to editors
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be relied upon by private investors or any other persons to make financial decisions. The
Legal & General Group, established in 1836, is one of the UK’s leading financial services companies. As at 31 December 2013, we were responsible for investing £413 billion worldwide on behalf of investors, policyholders and shareholders. We also had over seven million customers in or our life assurance, pensions, investments and general insurance plans.
For more information please contact:
PR Manager, Legal & General Group
t: +44 (0) 20 3124 2092
m: +44 (0) 7764 582574