Building a stronger society through financial solutions
Our businesses are responsible for providing an increasing number of these ‘safety nets’ to millions of people in their time of need. We want to inspire people by showing how well we deliver these responsibilities to our customers over time, and how many customers lives have changed as a result.
In the next five years we are committed to:
- Improving our products and services to support vulnerabilities in our customers’ lives.
- Directly addressing mental health problems in the developed world through enhancing our products, services and investments made available to customers.
- Designing and distributing our retail products so they are accessible, transparent and easier to purchase through innovative product design and justifying the way we circulate our products.
- 20% of real assets we own or invest in to have an economic and a social value
- Legal and General Investment Management (LGIM) engaging with investees on key themes that will help create stable societies, namely: diversity, health, technology, income inequality and access to affordable financial services.
- Consulting governments and companies to promote more disclosure on income ratios and address US companies on gender diversity
- Legal & General Capital (LGC) will incorporate Environmental and Social Governance performance into their investment strategy for the companies we invest in
- Long term investment into social housing